Akrapovič: 30 Years of Building a Heritage
Akrapovič is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2021. The beginnings of the world-famous manufacturer of high-
performance exhaust systems go back to even before its formal incorporation in the spring of 1991, when operations
started in a workshop just over a kilometre away from its current headquarters at Ivančna Gorica.
Igor Akrapovič was a motorcycle racer who already tuned motorcycles during his racing career to make them even faster.
At first, he worked on his own machines, but later he also started tuning those of others, even his rivals. It was this
passion for technology and constant improvement of motorcycle components that made him decide to start his own
business and dedicate his future to developing high-performance exhaust systems.
Exhaust systems were where Igor Akrapovič saw his greatest opportunity because at that time there was little
competition on the market, but substantial room for improvement. He initially focused on racing motorcycle exhaust
systems, building a rich tradition of state-of-the-art products, from which he soon expanded into the mainstream
motorcycle market, as well as the car market later on.
Three decades after its inception, the company is operating at two state-of-the-art production sites in Slovenia, with over
1,300 employees. The facilities at the company’s headquarters in Ivančna Gorica comprise an in-house titanium foundry,
a durability dyno on which a robot rides the motorcycle, a metallurgical lab, an R&D department, and a racing
department. The entire production, from tube making to final assembly, takes places in a large production hall at
The company continued to develop, and the increasing demand for its products forced it to expand its premises, which it
continually furnished with state-of-the-art equipment required to develop and manufacture its products. Throughout, a
special culture has been built inside the company rooted in the employees’ desire to offer customers exhaust systems
and other products of the highest quality.
This commitment to constantly invest in the development of products and the technology required to manufacture them
has been inseparably connected with racing, which provides the perfect laboratory for testing technical and
technological solutions and materials.
The first victory at a world championship race on an Akrapovič-outfitted motorcycle was secured by Akira Yanagawa
(Kawasaki) in WorldSBK in 1997, and the first world championship title won on a motorcycle featuring the Slovenian
manufacturer’s exhaust system was recorded in 2000, when Akrapovič brand ambassador Colin Edwards triumphed in
the WorldSBK on his Honda.
“Back in the beginning, I was tuning complete motorcycles and using the money I earned to compete in races. Tuning
was almost as interesting to me as racing itself, and so it was kind of natural for me to buy a tube bending machine.
That’s how it all started. I look back at the company’s three decades of development, especially its racing history, with
great pride because races are the toughest testing ground for a product.” – Igor Akrapovič
- Akrapovič is celebrating 30-years since its inception and to mark this important occasion the Slovenian high-performance exhaust manufacturer has launched a very limited edition of 30 pieces of this exclusive Evolution Line (Titanium) 30 Year Anniversary * exhaust for the Ferrari F8 Tributo.
- Limited edition of 30 pieces each individually engraved with a special Akrapovič logo, its own serial number and a special certificate. Constructed from high-grade lightweight titanium. The link pipes are made from Inconel, with many complex parts cast in Akrapovič’s in-house foundry. The heat insulation is titanium and each link pipe contains 300 cpsi catalytic converter. The tailpipes are a combination of a casted titanium shell, which is then mechanically machined and an inner made using CMC (Ceramic Matrix Composite). An ultra-light material regularly used in extreme racing and aerospace industries, designed to withstand intensely high peak temperatures and gives a visually striking finish.
- Weighing in at 7.7 kg (28.8%) less than the standard stock system, the system emits a stunning sound, producing a deep and racing tone, fully befitting the V8 twin-turbocharged 3.9 litre engine. Power is increased by an extra 13.2 kW (17.9 hp) at 5,650 rpm, with a torque gain of 33.6 Nm at 2,400rpm – obtained in back-to-back runs on the Akrapovič dyno against a Ferrari F8 Tributo using a standard stock exhaust.
- This system is also equipped with an Akrapovič Sound Kit that allows control of the sound from the cockpit, enabling the occupants of the car to easily switch between the quiet mode and a sportier tone using the Sound Remote Controller, which opens and closes the exhaust valves, providing a fuller and more involved experience. Due to the nature of the exhaust system remapping is recommended and it is designed for use on closed course competition circuits and venues.
- The Evolution Line (Titanium) 30th Anniversary exhaust system for the Ferrari F8 Tributo is a total work-of-art which perfectly demonstrates Akrapovič’s knowledge and expertise garnered and grown over the past 30-years. Its rareness and unique quality will make this a real collector’s piece that will be equally at home on the race-tracks of the world, as it would be displayed on a wall in a gallery.
All F8 Tributo cars are only produced by Ferrari with GPF exhaust
system. So this Akrapovic exhaust system will fit on every F8 Tributo.
Akrapovic will not be producing a Non-Limited Edition exhaust system
for the F8 Tributo. There will only be 30pcs of these Limited-Edition
systems in the world, which make them highly exclusive.
For more information on about modifications for your Ferrari, we warmly invite you to speak with one of our customer service members:
+65 8186 2313 Mobile/WhatsApp
+60 17-898 5315 Mobile/Whatsapp
+63 917 172 2272 Mobile/Viber
Sakdikit Trakulchoksathien (Big)
+66 86 972 4141 Mobile/LINE
Bruce Sarun (Bath)
+66 81 695 5566 Mobile/LINE
Contact Form: https://autoclinicgroup.com/contact-us/